There are some really good, really relevant articles out there. Here are some that I recommend which is me-speak for “Darn, I wish I had written that myself.”
1. This first one is by Marc Thiessen, published in the Washington Post, May 24, 2012. It’s called “Forget Bain — Obama’s public-equity record is the real scandal.”
2. And then there are numbers like these the President Obama would prefer not to talk about. This article is by Peter Whoriskey, published in the Washington Post, Mary 29, 2012: “Job recovery is scant for Americans in their prime working years.”
3. “Fed, Congress fiddle as economy stumbles“, by NBCNews.com’s John Schoen, published Tuesday, July 17, 2012.
4. I really like this guy… Why won’t Americans vote Congress out of office?.
5. If you follow the Next Contestant, you know that I think there’s an urgent need for campaign financing reform. Raising money to assure re-election distracts, to put it politely, our elected officials in Congress from respecting their duty as our representatives, while giving them a huge advantage over challengers who don’t have the quid pro quo to attract comparable PAC and other money. It’s a real mess that is largely responsible for the lack of Congressional productivity. For those of you who have similar concerns or who may be on the fence, this next article from www.OpenSecrets.org is a must read… The Dollars and Cents of Incumbency.
6. Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve depended upon the the League of Women Voters to give me ballot and candidate information. Decades later, this year is no exception. Let me encourage you to go to their voter information website, www.Vote411.org. Note, in particular, the candidate responses to questions asked by the League that you can compare in a side-by-side table.